One of the Country’s Most Celebrated Cooks is Back!
Tucked away in a side street amidst the busy Poblacion district in Makati is a quaint and unpretentious Spanish Restaurant with a stove-to-table concept—the traditional way of serving tapas. Taperia Poblacion is one of the three newest restaurant ventures of one of the country’s most celebrated cooks, Chef Ariel Manuel.
After a 2-year hiatus, the renowned Chef who brought us the famed Lolo Dad’s Restaurant in Malate is back to serve you delicious Spanish tapas. Experience culture and history in every dish with an exclusive steal of P500 Worth of Food only on Deal Grocer!
Tapas, having a variety of hot and cold snacks or appetizers served in just the right portions, have become widely popular among foodies. And while a number of tapas bars have sprouted all around the metro, what makes Taperia Poblacion a cut above the rest is the use of quality ingredients used and the heart and soul that Chef Ariel Manuel brings to every dish.
The restaurant puts a premium in sourcing only the freshest choice ingredients, both locally and internationally.
Their menu is straightforward—a no-frills type of place that serves simple yet flavorful dishes played with well-seasoned fine ingredients to create a well-rounded party of flavors in your palate:
- Sample a variety of Pintxos such as their Mushroom and Cabrales Cheese, Smoked Salmon Asparagus, Mozarella Tomato and Boquerones, Fried Jamon Serrano and Manchego, Angulas with Shrimp and Chorizo Picante. These sliced bread toppings are widely popular in the Basque country where the Chef had taken his inspiration from after a month of exploring the country.
- Savor appetizing tapas like Calamares Fritos—perfectly seasoned deep friend baby squid served with homemade garlic aioli, Gambas served in a sizzling hot plate, Callos with beef tendon to name a few and favorites like the Chilean Mussels A la Mariniere and the traditional Salpicao—a hot plate-full of tender U.S. Ribeye Beef.
- An essential to every meal is Arroz, paella rice with two flavors to choose from: Arroz Valenciana and Baby Squid, Shrimp and Mussel En Su Tinta.
A visit would not be complete without a carving of their Lechon Pugon—succulent, melt-in-your-mouth pork belly roasted in a specially made pugon oven that gives it that distinct flavor. What makes this dish even more unforgettable is its crunchy lechon skin that adds loads of texture!
And to top off your meal, be sure to order the Churritos which is off the menu, while the Canonigo, Tocino Del Cielo and Crema Catalina is among a list of favorites!
Recently opening its doors in September 2016, the restaurant’s homey vibe provides a comfortable ambience. Adding character and history, its wall interiors are adorned with old Narra wood panels and decorative doors, while wooden stair balusters served as embellishment, which were carefully reconstructed from the family’s ancestral home.
Taperia Poblacion makes the ideal venue for casual lunch after work get-togethers with family and friends. Book your vouchers today and relish the experience of having home cooked tapas by Chef Ariel Manuel himself!
2/F Six Axis Center, 4347 B. Valdez Street
(02) 871 8566
(0926) 734 1067
(0998) 342 3566
Daily, 5PM - 10PM
- One (1) coupon is valid for Php500 Worth of Food.
- Redeemable from February 22, 2017 to May 22, 2017 EXCEPT on declared holidays.
- Reservations are required at least 1 day in advance. Subject to seat availability.
- Valid for dine-in only and valid only for food. Not valid for take out and not valid for drinks.
- 1 coupon is good for 1 person.
- Maximum of only 2 coupons/Gift Vouchers per table, per visit (regardless if under one name or different names).
- Coupon (printout or electronic) is required (screenshots and digital vouchers are allowed as long as it displays clearly the redemption code for proper validation). Customers must present valid government-issued ID upon redemption. No name changes will be accommodated. If coupon will be transferred, a valid ID of the coupon owner must be presented together with the coupon (printout or electronic).
- Coupon value must be used in 1 visit. Not valid for cash back. Nonrefundable. Not valid in conjunction with other promos and discounts, such as Senior Citizen, Diplomat and PWD.
- Coupon can be used to pay for taxes and charges. Any purchases in excess of the coupon value must be settled directly with the merchant, subject to applicable taxes and charges.